Gambling Payout Percentages

payout percentages for casinosThis is a term that you have no doubt come across at any online casino real money site. Before we begin, let’s take a chance to clarify what ‘payout percentages’ actually implies. The term is generally defined as: the total amount won by all online casino real money players in one month, compared to the total amounts of bets made at the online casino real money in the same time period.

You should not underestimate the importance of payout percentages, for this will dictate just how much you will be able to win, and how honest and fair the casino is. A 98% payout percentage means that 98% of all money bet at the casino goes directly to the winnings. In other words, this remaining 2% is the margin of profit for the online casino real money. Each casino and each game have different payout percentages. Generally it can be said that card games such as Poker and Blackjack pay out the highest, followed by table games (Baccarat, Roulette), and then slots.

Note: Our TOP-rated casinos offer the highest payout percentages, and we are proud to boast that their payouts rank alongside those of the most famous online casino real money in the world, even in Vegas. Monthly reports are conducted by established and well-known accountancy firms in order to verify the integrity of these claims.

To give you a better idea of this concept and what to expect from any particular online casino, we have provided below the average payout percentages of casinos over the last 5 years for a selection of different games.

GAME Payout Percentage
 Roulette 97.48%
 Blackjack 98.56%
 Slots 96.06%
 Video Poker 98.46%
 Caribbean Stud Poker 97.15%
 Other games 97.62%

 

Gambler’s Ruin

Another ‘mathematical’ concept to keep in mind, and related to payout percentages, is ‘gambler’s ruin’ This refers, at its most basic level, to the point at which a gambler has lost the last of his bank of gambling money and can no longer go on gambling. Sound’s incredibly basic right? Well, it’s a bit more complicated than that and relates to percentages.

Essentially, all casino games have a slight house advantage. This is the amount the casino can expect to take home from each game played over the long-term. The longer a player plays, however, the larger the house edge becomes. In order to express this more clearly, and show how it relates to ‘gambler’s ruin’ let’s look at the following example:

Suppose the house advantage on a certain game is placed at 1% and a gambler plays with a bank of $100. Now, if the gambler never played any of his winnings, in an ‘ideal’ situation he could expect to take home $99 of his original 100. However, if he continued to gamble and use his winnings, at this point -$99, he would lose 1% on average and his winnings would go down to $98.01. This downward spiral would go on and on until eventually the gambler was left with nothing at all – hence, gambler’s ruin!